Destination : Las Vegas
In the past years, Las Vegas has managed to give up its image of being too flashy and «cheezy». We love it for what it is: a city bigger than nature, which surprises us at every visit and which amazes us by its exuberance and especially, by its extravagance.
In addition to the many hotels that confirm the uniqueness of the city - one has only to think of the hotels New York, New York or Paris, Paris - the culinary scene of Las Vegas is also unique. Indeed, in the past years, the positioning of Las Vegas as the city where all the major international chefs are holding their restaurants is stronger than ever. The "star system" of chefs who have a taste for the "Strip" is phenomenal, which explains why the Vegas Uncork'd Festival presented by Bon Appétit Magazine has been held for the past 11 years.
Where to sleep
Las Vegas is a "hotel" city ! One of the main attractions is its numerous and impressive hotels. For example, the New York, New York Hotel has a reproduction of the Empire State Building, the Venetian offers gondolas and a "Grand Canal", the Bellagio has its fountains, etc. Whatever your taste and budget is, you can find a more than adequate hotel in Las Vegas. There are in fact 150,000 hotel rooms available in the city, according to Visit Las Vegas, ranging from $ 50 to .... $ 30,000 a night!
What to do
There is always something to do in Las Vegas. From shows to partys to spas, you will find what you are looking for in the city of entertainment. If you go there for a week-end (because some attractions/shows aren't available during week days), you must:
- see a show :Celine Dion, Cirque du Soleil, Britney Spears, Blue Man Group, name it, it's there!
- have dinner at a fancy restaurant (some of the best restaurants in the States are located on the Las Vegas Strip)
- ride the Las Vegas Monorail : the Strip is always busy, and the Monorail is a fun and easy way to get around
- try the High Roller the WORLD's tallest observation wheel
- visit the hotels and their attractions: the Venetian gondolas, the Bellagio's fountains...
- go shopping : Las Vegas has amazing shopping, but start at the Forum Shops "the shopping wonder of the world"
- go party : on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, international star DJS and over-the-top parties are happening all over the city. It would be a shame not to go out, because, we all know that what happen in Vegas stays in Vegas.
For more information on Las Vegas: www.lasvegas.com