Hotel review: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is one of my favorite hotel in Sin City. There's something sassy and sexy about this hotel. Sleek, uncommon, offering unbeatable views of the Strip and an outstanding collection of restaurants, let me tell you why I like the "Cosmo" so much.
In a glimpse....
- Hotel name: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Location: directly on the Las Vegas Strip, 3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
- Opening date: 2010
- Last renovations: the entire hotel will be entirely renovated by 2018 (renovations started in 2015)
- Rooms: 2995
- In room amenities: wi-fi, Netflix, minibar, 24 hour room service, C.E Bigelow bath products
- My room pick : Terrace One Bedroom Fountain View
- Restaurants: 20 including, my picks : Momofuko, Milk Bar, Jaléo by José Andrès, the Henry
- Pool(s) : 3
- Spa: Yes. Full service Sahra Spa & Hammam
- Fitness: 2 fitness centers, one open 24/hours and fitness classes
The Cosmopolitan is absolutely perfect for the young crowd who is seeking the perfect hotel to get a luxury but out-of-the-ordinary Vegas experience. With 3 pools : the Sunset pool to soak up on the last ray of sunlight, the Boulevard pool for the crazy views of the Strip and the Chelsea Pool for more discretion, there's plenty of options to enjoy the Vegas heat. Fun fact, the Boulevard Pool becomes a giant skating ring during winter, so you can enjoy the resort all-year long. The rooms are spacious and decorated in style, most of them offer balconies, some with views of the Bellagio Fountains. I personally prefer the One Bedroom Fountain View, because of :
1) the views of the Bellagio Fountains from the balcony (how fun it is to enjoy the fountain show from the comfort of your own room)
2) the Japanese soaking tub
The restaurant and bar collection is phenomenal. In the morning, go grab breakfast at either Egglsut or The Henry, or simply pick up a cold-pressed juice at The Juice Standard or coffee and pastry at Milkbar. For lunch or dinner, pick one of the 20 + restaurants and bars options ranging from Milos to Momofuko, they are all more than great.
The little plus that makes the difference : I like the fact that the Fitness Center offers "boot camp" classes. It's always nice to be able to get a good workout while traveling. There's also a beauty salon on-site, a boutique, a day & night club and ... well, you are in Vegas after all, what more can you ask for ?